Goddess of streets and ways. Gay has a poem in three books so
Thou, Trivia, aid my song.
Through spacious streets conduct thy bard along ...
To pave thy realm, and smooth the broken ways,
Earth from her womb a flinty tribute pays.
Gay: Trivia, bk. i.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Trivia from Fact Monster:
- Olympic Fun Facts - Poland's 'Stella the Fella' and other amazing trivia
- Days - Days A day is measured by how long it takes the earth to rotate (turn) once: 24 hours. The earth is ...
- Sports Superlatives - Quick sports facts
- Turkey Trivia - How the turkey got its name and amazing turkey trivia for the dinner table|Find fast facts about wild and domesticated turkeys in the United States.
- Winter Olympics Memorable Moments - The legends and foibles of the Winter Olympics