(Feast of). A Jewish festival, held on the first two
days of Tisri, the beginning of the ecclesiastical year.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Trumpets from Fact Monster:
- trumpet - trumpet trumpet, brass wind musical instrument of part cylindrical, part conical bore, in the shape ...
- trumpet creeper - trumpet creeper trumpet creeper and trumpet vine:see bignonia.
- desert trumpet - desert trumpet: desert trumpet: see buckwheat.
- The Trumpet of the Swan - Starring Jason Alexander, Reese Witherspoon, Jeffrey Schoeny, Mary Steenburgen, Seth Green
- Dizzy Gillespie - Biography of Dizzy Gillespie, The bebop trumpeter with the upturned horn