Any vessel, even a goblet or cup. (Anglo-Saxon tunne.)
“Tun, such a cup as jugglers use to show divers tricks by.” —Minshou: Spanish Dictionary.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tun from Fact Monster:
- Mao Tun - Mao Tun Mao Tun or Mao Dun, pseud. of She Yen-ping, 1896–1981, Chinese novelist and Minister ...
- Miscellaneous Units of Measure - Miscellaneous Units of Measure Below is information about units of measure, including acre, bolt, ...
- Mao Dun - Mao Dun: Mao Dun: see: Mao Tun.
- She Yen-ping - She Yen-ping: She Yen-ping: see Mao Tun.
- Boston, town, England - Boston Boston, town (1991 pop. 26,495), E central England, on the Witham River. Boston's fame ...