Slave, villain. A term of reproach used by the Greeks of
You young Turk,
a playful reprimand to a young mischievous child.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Turk from Fact Monster:
- Turks and Caicos Islands - Information on Turks and Caicos Islands — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities.
- Danilo Türk - Türk, Danilo Türk, Danilo, 1952–, Slovenian lawyer and diplomat, president of ...
- What does it mean? Young Turk - Young Turk "Those kids are a bunch of Young Turks," grumbled the teacher. He was ...
- Turks - Turks Turks, term applied in its wider meaning to the Turkic-speaking peoples of Turkey, Russia, ...
- Young Turks - Young Turks: Young Turks: see Ottoman Empire.