The blood-feud, or duty of the nearest kin of a murdered man
to kill the murderer. It prevails in Corsica, and exists in Sicily,
Sardinia, and Calabria. It is preserved among the Druses, Circassians,
Arabs, etc. (Latin, vindicta.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Vendetta from Fact Monster:
- vendetta - vendetta vendetta [Ital.,=vengeance], feud between members of two kinship groups to avenge a wrong ...
- blood feud - blood feud: blood feud: see vendetta.
- Draco, Athenian politician and law codifier - Draco Draco or Dracon, fl. 621 B.C., Athenian politician and law codifier. Of his codification of ...
- Carol Alt - Carol Alt model Born: 12/1/1960 Birthplace: Flushing, New York A model since age sixteen, she has ...
- court - court court, in law, official body charged with administering justice. The term is also applied to ...