The Venerable. Bede, the ecclesiastical historian. (672-735.)
The Venerable Doctor.
William de Champeaux, founder of realism. (Twelfth century.) Peter,
Abbot of Clugny. (1093-1156.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Venerable from Fact Monster:
- Muhammad, prophet of Islam: Legends and Veneration - Legends and Veneration Islam has enshrouded Muhammad's life with a mass of legends and ...
- Saint Bede - Bede, Saint Bede, Saint , or Baeda, 673?–735, English historian, a Benedictine monk, called ...
- venereal disease - venereal disease venereal disease : see sexually transmitted disease.
- Muhammad, prophet of Islam - Muhammad Muhammad [Arab.,=praised], 570?–632, the name of the Prophet of Islam, one of the ...
- saint, in Christianity - saint saint [O.Fr., from Latin sanctus=holy], in Christianity, a person who is recognized as worthy ...