Never wear the image of Deity in a ring. So Pythagoras taught
his disciples, and Moses directed that the Jews should make no image
of God. Both meant to teach their disciples that God is incorporeal,
and not to be likened to any created form. (See
Protreptics, symbol xxiv.)
Never wear a brown hat in Friesland.
(See Hat.) To wear the wooden
sword. (See Wooden.)
To wear the willow.
(See Willow.) To wear one's heart upon
one's sleeve. (See under
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Wear from Fact Monster:
- Tyne and Wear - Tyne and Wear Tyne and Wear, former metropolitan county, NE England. Created in the 1974 local ...
- Wear - Wear Wear , river, c.65 mi (100 km) long, rising in the Pennines in County Durham, NE England, and ...
- Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - Starring Steve Martin, Rachel Ward, Carl Reiner, Alan Ladd, Barbara Stanwyck
- Weather: What Should I Wear? - Weather What Should I Wear? Weather What Should I Wear? Playing the Odds Getting Down to Basics ...
- Healthy Habits - Healthy Habits Wash your hands before eating. Germs are spread more easily from your hands than, ...