Woden-es or Odin-es Day, called by the French
“Mercredi” (Mercury's Day). The Persians regard it as a
“red-letter day,” because the moon was created on the
fourth day. (Genesis iv. 14-19.)
But the last Wednesday of November is called “Black
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Wednesday from Fact Monster:
- Wednesday - Wednesday: Wednesday: see week.
- week - week week, period of time shorter than the month, commonly seven days. The ancient Egyptians used a ...
- Ash Wednesday - Ash Wednesday Ash Wednesday, in the Western Church, the first day of Lent, being the seventh ...
- Big Wednesday - Starring Jan-Michael Vincent, William Kaat, Gary Busey, Lee Purcell, Patti D'Arbanville
- Christian and Secular Holidays, 2000–2015 - Christian and Secular Holidays, 2000–2015 Here are holiday dates throughout the year, ...