or Wold. The dyer's-weed (reseda
luteola), which yields a beautiful yellow dye.
(Anglo-Saxon, geld or gold,
our yellow, etc.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Weld from Fact Monster:
- welding - welding welding, process for joining separate pieces of metal in a continuous metallic bond. ...
- Theodore Dwight Weld - Weld, Theodore Dwight Weld, Theodore Dwight, 1803–95, American abolitionist, b. Hampton, ...
- - Can't read file colorado/weld-county/default.html
- brazing - brazing brazing, method of joining metal parts using nonferrous filler metals with high melting ...
- thermite - thermite thermite [from Thermit, a trade name], mixture of powdered or granular aluminum metal and ...