Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington, called “The Iron
Duke,” from his iron constitution and iron will.
Wellington's horse, Copenhagen. (Died at
the age of twenty-seven.) (See Horse.)
Le Wellington des Joucurs. Lord Rivers was so
called in Paris.
“Le Wellington des Joueurs lost 23,000 at a sitting,
beginning at twelve at night, and ending at seven the following
morning.” —Edinburgh Review, July,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Wellington from Fact Monster:
- Wellington - Wellington Wellington, city (1996 pop. 157,647; urban agglomeration 334,051), capital of New ...
- Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, 1st duke of - Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, 1st duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, 1st duke of, ...
- Vi Kuiyuin Wellington Koo - Koo, Vi Kuiyuin Wellington Koo, Vi Kuiyuin Wellington , Mandarin Ku Wei-chün, 1887–1985, ...
- Harry Wellington Laidler - Laidler, Harry Wellington Laidler, Harry Wellington , 1884–1970, American economist and ...
- Joseph Wellington BYRNS, Jr. - BYRNS, Joseph Wellington, Jr. (1903—1973) BYRNS, Joseph Wellington, Jr., (son of Joseph ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring