(See Grass Widow.)
(in Hudibras). The relict of Aminadab
Wilmer or Willmot, an Independent, slain at Edgehill. She had
£200 left her. Sir Hudibras fell in love with her.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Widow from Fact Monster:
- black widow - black widow black widow, poisonous spider of the genus Latrodectus, found throughout North and ...
- chuck-will's-widow - chuck-will's-widow: chuck-will's-widow: see goatsucker.
- goatsucker - goatsucker goatsucker, common name for nocturnal or crepuscular birds of the order ...
- Onan - Onan Onan , in the Bible, Judah's son, whose evasion of his obligation to his brother's ...
- Violeta Barrios de Chamorro - Chamorro, Violeta Barrios de Chamorro, Violeta Barrios de , 1929–, president of Nicaragua ...