(Norwegian, vindue.) A
French window opens like folding doors; a
sash window is in two parts, called sashes, one or both of
which are made to slide up and down about half way.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Window from Fact Monster:
- window - window window, in architecture, the casement or sash, fitted with glass, which closes an opening in ...
- rose window - rose window rose window, large, stone-traceried, circular window of medieval churches. Romanesque ...
- wheel window - wheel window: wheel window: see rose window.
- Rear Window - Starring James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Thelma Ritter, Wendell Corey, Raymond Burr
- T – Z - T – Z telnet A way to communicate with a remote computer over a network. trackball trackball ...