Greek, chaino; German, gahnen; Anglo-Saxon, gan-ian.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Yawn from Fact Monster:
- morphine: Effects and Uses - Effects and Uses Morphine, a narcotic, acts directly on the central nervous system. Besides ...
- Lee Bontecou - Bontecou, Lee Bontecou, Lee , 1931–, American artist, b. Providence, R.I. Bontecou is best ...
- Q&A about the Body - Q&A about the Body Why we sneeze, snore, yawn, burp, bruise, and other fascinating medical ...
- Homework Center: Life Sciences - Subjects » Geography » History » Language Arts » Mathematics » ...
- Spain - Information on Spain — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.