(1 syl.). The Grecian Jupiter. The word means the “living one.” (Sanskrit, Djaus, heaven.) (See Jupiter.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Zeus from Fact Monster:
- Lightning (storm data, deaths, lightning myths, and safety tips) - Read about lightning myths, facts, and data from Storm Data about the number of lightning-related deaths and how to stay safe during a lightning storm.
- Zeus - Zeus Zeus , in Greek religion and mythology, son and successor of Kronos as supreme god. His ...
- Zeus - Biography of Zeus, Supreme ruler of the ancient Greek gods
- The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Since ancient times, people have put together many ...
- Asopus - Asopus Asopus , in Greek mythology, river god. He tried to prevent Zeus from abducting his daughter ...