Admiral's Men, theatrical company of players, officially designated the Admiral's Men in 1585. They were rivals of the Chamberlain's Men and performed at the theaters of Philip Henslowe. Their leading actor was Edward Alleyn.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Admiral's Men from Fact Monster:
- Philip Henslowe - Henslowe, Philip Henslowe, Philip , c.1550–1616, English businessman and theatrical manager. ...
- Chamberlain's Men - Chamberlain's Men Chamberlain's Men, Elizabethan theatrical company for which Shakespeare, ...
- Edward Alleyn - Alleyn, Edward Alleyn, Edward , 1566–1626, English actor. He was the foremost member of the ...
- Alexander Pope - Biography of Alexander Pope, Author of 1733's Essay on Man
- Encyclopedia: Theater - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Theater.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Theater