Andrusov, Treaty of (ănˈdrŏsŏfˌ, Rus. əndrōˈsəf) [key], 1667, signed by Poland and Russia at the village of Andrusov, Russia (present-day Androsovo). It ended the war of Czar Alexis of Russia against John II of Poland. Russia gained the Smolensk and Seversk provinces and Ukraine E of the Dnieper (left-bank Ukraine), including Kiev.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.