Ilium: see Troy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ilium from Fact Monster:
- Troy, ancient city, Asian Turkey - Troy Troy, ancient city made famous by Homer's account of the Trojan War. It is also called ...
- hip - hip hip, in human anatomy, the joint separating the thigh bone from the pelvis, and the surrounding ...
- BIPEDAL CARNIVORES - The scientific name for meat-eating dinosaurs is theropods, which means “beast-footed”. These fierce hunting carnivores were saurischian – they had hi
- PREHISTORIC LIFE - Since life began, more than 3.5 billion years ago, evolution has produced an enormous variety of living things. The earliest living things were simple
- Encyclopedia: Ancient History, Greece - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Ancient History, Greece.