Manoel. For Portuguese rulers thus named, use Manuel.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Manoel from Fact Monster:
- Manuel II, Byzantine emperor - Manuel II Manuel II (Manuel Palaeologus), 1350–1425, Byzantine emperor (1391–1425), son ...
- Manuel II, 1889–1932, king of Portugal - Manuel II Manuel II, 1889–1932, king of Portugal (1908–10), second son of Charles I. He ...
- Manuel I, 1469–1521, king of Portugal - Manuel I Manuel I, 1469–1521, king of Portugal (1495–1521), successor of John II. ...
- Encyclopedia: Spanish and Portuguese History - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Spanish and Portuguese History.
- Portugal - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Portugal and find statistical and demographic information.|Information on Portugal — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.