seppuku: see hara-kiri.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on seppuku from Fact Monster:
- hara-kiri - hara-kiri hara-kiri [Jap.,=belly-cutting], the traditional Japanese form of honorable suicide, also ...
- Forty-seven Ronin - Forty-seven Ronin Forty-seven Ronin, Jap. Chushingura, group of Japanese samurai who avenged the ...
- Yukio Mishima - Biography of Yukio Mishima, Seppuku-committing Japanese author
- Encyclopedia: Japanese History - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Japanese History.
- Yukio Mishima - Mishima, Yukio Mishima, Yukio , 1925–70, Japanese author, b. Tokyo. His original name was ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Japanese History