Abijah (əbĪˈjə) [key], in the Bible. 1 See Abi. 2 Died c.911 B.C., king (c.914–c.911 B.C.) of Judah, the southern kingdom. He succeeded his father, Rehoboam, and King Jeroboam continued warfare against him. 3 Son of Jeroboam, whose death was used by a prophet to foreshadow the death of Jeroboam. 4 Priestly family. 5 Priests in the return to Jerusalem.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Abijah from Fact Monster:
- Abi - Abi Abi [short for Abijah], in the Bible, King Hezekiah's mother.
- Abiah - Abiah Abiah , in the Bible, variant of Abijah. 1. Wife of Hezron. 2. Second son of Samuel.
- Ephrain - Ephrain Ephrain , in the Bible, an unidentified city, N of Jerusalem, where Abijah defeated ...
- Uriel - Uriel Uriel . 1,. 2. Two descendants of Kohath. 3. Man whose daughter became mother of King Abijah ...
- Maachah, persons in the Bible - Maachah Maachah or Maacah, in the Bible. 1. Absalom's mother. 2. See Maoch. 3. Idolatrous wife ...