Abimelech (əbĭmˈəlĕk) [key], in the Bible. 1 Name or title of a king of Gerar who had various dealings with Abraham and Isaac. 2 See Ahimelech1. 3 Son of Gideon. He murdered his 70 brothers, except Jotham, and became "king."
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Abimelech from Fact Monster:
- Ahimelech - Ahimelech Ahimelech , in the Bible. 1. Priest at Nob, brother of, or perhaps the same as, Ahijah 2. ...
- Phichol - Phichol Phichol , chief captain of Abimelech's army.
- Zebul - Zebul Zebul , in the Bible, ruler of Shechem, supporter of Abimelech.
- Ahuzzath - Ahuzzath Ahuzzath , in the Bible, friend of Abimelech of Gerar.
- Gaal - Gaal Gaal , in the Bible, leader of the Shechemites in their uprising against Abimelech.