Asaph (āˈsăf) [key], in the Bible. 1 Choirmaster of David's time, or the eponym of a corps of singers. His name is attached to a little collection of psalms. 2 The same as Abiasaph. 3 Father of a chronicler. 4 King's forester in the Book of Nehemiah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Asaph from Fact Monster:
- Ethni - Ethni Ethni , in the Bible, an ancestor of Asaph the singer, perhaps the same as Jeaterai.
- Abiasaph - Abiasaph Abiasaph , in the Bible, Levitical family. It also appears as Ebiaseph and Asaph.
- Reginald Pecock - Pecock or Peacock, Reginald Pecock or Peacock, Reginald , c.1395–c.1460, English bishop and ...
- Berechiah - Berechiah Berechiah , in the Bible. 1. Son of Zerubbabel. 2. Father of Meshullam 5. 3. Important ...
- Mars, in astronomy: Satellites of Mars - Satellites of Mars Mars has two natural satellites, discovered by Asaph Hall in 1877. The innermost ...