Balak (bāˈlăk) [key], in the Bible, king of Moab who hired Balaam to curse Israel. Balac is a Greek form.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Balak from Fact Monster:
- Balac - Balac Balac , Greek form of Balak.
- Zippor - Zippor Zippor , in the Bible, father of Balak, king of Moab.
- Peor - Peor Peor [Heb.,=opening], mountain, E of Jordan, to which Balak took Balaam to deliver his curses. ...
- Balaam - Balaam Balaam , the central character in an amalgam of Israelite traditions found in the Book of ...
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.