Benny, Jack, 1894–1974, American comedian, b. Waukegan, Ill., as Benjamin Kubelsky. His shows on radio (1932–55) and television (1950–65) made famous his miserliness, reproachful silences, and violin. His films include To Be or Not to Be (1942).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jack Benny from Fact Monster:
- Jack Benny - Jack Benny (Benjamin Kubelsky) comedian Born: 2/14/1894 Birthplace: Chicago Emmy Award-winning ...
- Robert Saudek - Robert Saudek television producer Born: 1911 Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania A broadcasting ...
- Mel Blanc - Biography of Mel Blanc, The voice of Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes cartoons
- February 14 Birthdays: Anna Shaw - February 14 birthdays: Anna Shaw, Gregory Hines, Michael Bloomberg, Donna Shalala, Florence Henderson, Jim Kelly, George Jean Nathan, Katherine Stinson, Jack Benny
- vaudeville - vaudeville vaudeville , originally a light song, derived from the drinking and love songs formerly ...