Dorsett, Tony (Anthony Drew Dorsett)dôrˈsət, 1954–, American football player, b. Rochester, Pa. The first running back to gain over 6,000 yards in Division I-A, he won the Heisman Trophy as the best college player of 1976 while leading the Univ. of Pittsburgh to a national championship. Dorsett then gained 12,739 yards (fourth-best all-time) in 12 professional seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Tony Dorsett from Fact Monster:
- Tony Dorsett - Tony Dorsett Born: Apr. 7, 1954 Football RB won Heisman Trophy leading Pitt to national title in ...
- Charlie Ward - Charlie Ward Born: Oct. 12, 1970 Football QB and Basketball G first Heisman winner to play for ...
- D - F - D - F Bjorn Daehlie Chuck Daly John Daly Stanley Dancer Beth Daniel Alvin Dark Ron Darling Tamas ...
- Heisman Memorial Trophy Winners - Heisman Memorial Trophy winners since 1935.
- Sports Superlatives - Quick sports facts