Ducas (dyōˈkəs) [key], Greek family and dynasty of Constantinople. Some of its members were Byzantine emperors—Constantine X, Michael VII, Alexius V, and John III.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ducas from Fact Monster:
- Abruzzi, Luigi Amedeo, duca degli - Abruzzi, Luigi Amedeo, duca degli Abruzzi, Luigi Amedeo, duca degli , 1873–1933, Italian ...
- Parma, Alessandro Farnese, duca di - Parma, Alessandro Farnese, duca di: Parma, Alessandro Farnese, duca di: see Farnese, Alessandro.
- John III, Byzantine emperor of Nicaea - John III John III (John Ducas Vatatzes), d. 1254, Byzantine emperor of Nicaea (1222–54), ...
- Gabriele D'Annunzio - D'Annunzio, Gabriele D'Annunzio, Gabriele 1863–1938, Italian poet, novelist, ...
- Alexius V - Alexius V Alexius V (Alexius Ducas Mourtzouphlos), d. 1204, Byzantine emperor (1204), son-in-law of ...