Eliakim (ēlĪˈəkĭm) [key]. 1 King of Judah: see Jehoiakim. 2 Important officer of state under King Hezekiah. 3 Priest at the dedication of the new wall at Jerusalem. 4, 5 Names appearing in the Gospel genealogies.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Eliakim from Fact Monster:
- Jehoiakim - Jehoiakim Jehoiakim , in the Bible, king of Judah, son of Josiah. On Josiah's death his son ...
- John Eliakim WEEKS - WEEKS, John Eliakim (1853—1949) WEEKS, John Eliakim, a Representative from Vermont; born in ...
- Hilkiah - Hilkiah Hilkiah , in the Bible. 1. High priest under King Josiah and a leader in his revival of ...
- Members of Congress: Vermont - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from Vermont
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.