Hart, John, 1711?–1779, political leader in the American Revolution, signer of the Declaration of Independence, b. Hopewell Township, N.J. A prosperous farm and mill owner, he was a member of the provincial assembly (1761–71), of several provincial congresses, and of the Continental Congress of 1776. See biography by C. E. Hammond (1977).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on John Hart from Fact Monster:
- Nicholas Nickleby - Starring Charlie Hunnam, Jamie Bell, Nathan Lane, Christopher Plummer, Jim Broadbent
- Declaration of Independence: Signers of the Declaration - Signers of the Declaration Not all the men who helped draw up or voted for the Declaration signed ...
- Denver, Colo. - Information on Denver, Colo. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- The Declaration of Independence - The Declaration of Independence On April 12, 1776, the legislature of North Carolina authorized its ...
- Members of Congress: New Jersey - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from New Jersey