Ichabod (ĭkˈəbŏd) [key] [Heb., = inglorious], in the Bible, son of Phinehas and grandson of the High Priest Eli. He was born at the hour of the Ark's capture by the Philistines and was named to commemorate the unfortunate event.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ichabod from Fact Monster:
- Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, The (1949) - Starring Bing Crosby, Basil Rathbone, Eric Blore, Pat O'Malley, John McLeish
- John Quidor - Quidor, John Quidor, John , 1801–81, American painter, b. Tappan, N.Y., studied with J. W. ...
- Johnny Depp - Biography of Johnny Depp, Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.
- Members of Congress: New Hampshire - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from New Hampshire