Ishi (ĭshˈĪ) [key], in the Bible. 1, 2 Judahites. 3 Manassite. 4 Simeonite whose sons fought at Mt. Seir. 5 The name Ishi with the meaning "my husband" is a name of God in a prophecy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ishi from Fact Monster:
- Ishi - Ishi Last of the Yahi tribe Born: 1860? In August 1911, a silent “wild man” was found ...
- Zoheth - Zoheth Zoheth , in the Bible, son of Ishi.
- Neariah - Neariah Neariah , in the Bible. 1. One of David's line. 2. Son of Ishi, a Simeonite captain.
- American-Indian Biographies—A to Z - Biographies of notable American Indians
- I-M - I-M Jovita Idar Samuel Elmer Imes Topa Inca Ishi Daniel “Chappie” James, Jr. Mae C. ...