Issachar (ĭsˈəkər) [key], in the patriarchal narratives of the Bible, son of Jacob and Leah and the ancestor of one of the 12 tribes. The territory allotted to the tribe of Issachar at the time of the conquest extended along the west bank of the Jordan.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Issachar from Fact Monster:
- Paltiel - Paltiel Paltiel , in the Bible, prince of Issachar.
- Phuvah - Phuvah Phuvah , in the Bible, son of Issachar; the ancestor of the Punites.
- Ishiah - Ishiah Ishiah , in the Bible, chief of the tribe of Issachar.
- Izrahiah - Izrahiah Izrahiah , in the Bible, chief man of Issachar.
- Haphraim - Haphraim Haphraim , in the Bible, border town of Issachar.