Japheth (jāˈfĕth) [key], in the Bible, son of Noah and ancestor of those who were to occupy the isles of the Gentiles. This has been supposed to mean the Mediterranean lands of Europe and Asia Minor.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Japheth from Fact Monster:
- Tiras - Tiras Tiras , in the Bible, Japheth's son.
- Tubal - Tubal Tubal , in the Bible, son of Japheth.
- Riphath - Riphath Riphath , in the Bible, grandson of Japheth.
- Gomer - Gomer Gomer , in the Bible. 1. Wife of the prophet Hosea. 2. Son of Japheth and eponym of a people, ...
- Meshech - Meshech Meshech , in the Bible. 1. Son of Japheth. It is also spelled Mesech. 2. Son of Shem.