Jehiel (jēhĪˈəl) [key], in the Bible. 1 Ancestor of Saul. 2 One of David's mighty men. 3 Musician of David. 4 Son of Jehoshaphat. 5 Levite under David. An alternate form is Jehieli. 6 Tutor of David's sons. 7 Levite under Hezekiah. 8 Leader under Josiah. 9 Father of a postexilic family. 10 Father of one who had a foreign wife.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jehiel from Fact Monster:
- Jehieli - Jehieli Jehieli , variant of Jehiel 5.
- Zur - Zur Zur , in the Bible. 1. Prince of Midian killed by the Jews. 2. Son of Jehiel.
- Mikloth - Mikloth Mikloth , in the Bible. 1. Son of Jehiel and Maachah. 2. Captain of a division of ...
- Maachah, persons in the Bible - Maachah Maachah or Maacah, in the Bible. 1. Absalom's mother. 2. See Maoch. 3. Idolatrous wife ...
- Nicoll HALSEY - HALSEY, Nicoll (1782—1865) HALSEY, Nicoll, (son of Silas Halsey and brother of Jehiel Howell ...