Jethro (jĕthˈrō) [key], Midianite priest of the peninsula of Sinai who was the companion and father-in-law of Moses. He is also called Reuel, Raguel, and Hobab.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jethro from Fact Monster:
- Hobab - Hobab Hobab : see Jethro.
- Zipporah - Zipporah Zipporah , in the Bible, daughter of Jethro and wife of Moses.
- Reuel - Reuel Reuel , in the Bible. 1. See Jethro. 2. Son of Esau and Bashemath. 3. See Deuel. 4. ...
- Raguel - Raguel Raguel . 1. Same as Jethro. 2. Father-in-law of Tobias in the book of Tobit.
- Ian Anderson - Biography of Ian Anderson, The main guy in the rock band Jethro Tull