Jonas (jōˈnəs) [key], Greek form of Hebrew Jonah. St. Peter's father is called Jonas and Jona (KJV) and John (RSV).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jonas from Fact Monster:
- Jonah - Jonah Jonah , prophetic book of the Bible. It tells the story of a prophet called by God to preach ...
- Franz Jonas - Jonas, Franz Jonas, Franz , 1899–1974, Austrian Socialist politician. Jonas was mayor of ...
- Justus Jonas - Jonas, Justus Jonas, Justus , 1493–1555, German Protestant reformer. In 1521, Jonas, then a ...
- Jona - Jona Jona, variant of Jonah.
- The Jonas Brothers - Biography of The Jonas Brothers, The band of brothers who starred in the Disney movie Camp Rock