Jotham (jōˈthəm) [key], in the Bible. 1 The only one of Gideon's sons not killed by Abimelech; noted for his parable of the trees electing the bramble to be their king. 2 King of Judah, son of Uzziah. He was a contemporary of Isaiah, Hosea, and Micah. His name is also spelled Joatham. 3 Descendant of Caleb.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jotham from Fact Monster:
- Joatham - Joatham Joatham : see Jotham.
- Jerusha - Jerusha Jerusha or Jerushah, in the Bible, mother of King Jotham of Judah.
- Zadok - Zadok Zadok , in the Bible. 1. Founder of a prominent priestly family. 2. One of David's men. ...
- Uzziah - Uzziah Uzziah , in the Bible, king of Judah, son and successor of Amaziah. He rebuilt Elath, port ...
- Abimelech - Abimelech Abimelech , in the Bible. 1. Name or title of a king of Gerar who had various dealings ...