Karloff, Boris (kärˈlôf, –lŏf) [key], 1887–1969, Anglo-American actor, b. Dulwich, England; his original name was William Henry Pratt. A distinguished character actor with a superb speaking voice, Karloff was famous for his monster roles in Hollywood horror films, notably Frankenstein (1931). His other movies include The Ghoul (1933), The Bride of Frankenstein (1935), Isle of the Dead (1945), and Targets (1968).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Boris Karloff from Fact Monster:
- Frank P. Bibas - Frank P. Bibas radio, television, and film producer Born: ? Birthplace: New York City During his ...
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas—Trivia - Grinchy Trivia Compare the holiday movie, TV, and Dr. Seuss creations by Holly Hartman The ...
- The Raven (1963) - Starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, Hazel Court, Olive Sturgess
- The Grinch - Biography of The Grinch, Animated TV grouch who "stole" Christmas
- 1967 Grammy Awards - 1967 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “Up, Up and Away,” 5th Dimension Album of the ...