Kilmer, Joyce, 1886–1918, American poet, b. New Brunswick, N.J., educated at Rutgers College and Columbia (B.A., 1908). He is known chiefly for his poem "Trees," in Trees and Other Poems (1914).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Joyce Kilmer from Fact Monster:
- New Brunswick, city, United States - New Brunswick New Brunswick, city (1990 pop. 41,711), seat of Middlesex co., central N.J., on the ...
- December 6 Birthdays: Dave Brubeck - December 6 birthdays: Dave Brubeck, Eleanor Holm, Gunnar Myrdal, Ira Gershwin, Patsy Takemoto Mink, Jean Eugene Robert Houdin, Joyce Kilmer, Agnes Moorehead
- New Jersey - Information on New Jersey — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Poetry Month | Glossary of Poetry Terms - Poetry terms
- Glossary of Poetry Terms - Glossary of Poetry Terms accent The prominence or emphasis given to a syllable or word. In the word ...