Korah (kōˈrə) [key], in the Bible. 1 Levite leader, with Dathan and Abiram, of the unsuccessful revolt in the desert against the exclusive priesthood of the Aaronic family and against the leadership of Moses; the rebels were consumed by fire and earthquake. 2 Levitical family, perhaps descended from 1, that had duties as doorkeepers and singers in the Temple.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Korah from Fact Monster:
- Core - Core Core , variant of Korah.
- On - On On , in the Bible. 1. Reubenite conspirator in Korah's revolt. 2. The Egyptian Heliopolis.
- Dathan - Dathan Dathan , in the Bible, Reubenite who, with his brother Abiram and with Korah, was consumed ...
- Assir - Assir Assir , in the Bible. 1. Son of Korah. 2. Ancestor of Samuel. 3. Son of Jeconiah the Captive.
- Numbers - Numbers Numbers, book of the Bible, fourth of the five books of the Law (the Pentateuch or Torah) ...