Lamech (lāˈmĕk) [key], in the Bible. 1 Descendant of Cain and therefore accursed. He was the father of Jabal, Jubal, and Tubal-cain. 2 Descendant of Seth and father of Noah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lamech from Fact Monster:
- Zillah - Zillah Zillah , in the Bible, a wife of Lamech.
- Methusael - Methusael Methusael , in the Bible, father of Lamech.
- Jabal - Jabal Jabal , in the Bible, son of Lamech.
- Naamah - Naamah Naamah , in the Bible. 1. Daughter of Lamech. 2. Mother of King Rehoboam.
- Jubal - Jubal Jubal , in the Bible, son of Lamech and originator of musical instruments.