Machir (māˈkər) [key], in the Bible. 1 Son of Manasseh. 2 One who helped David and Mephibosheth.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Machir from Fact Monster:
- James MACHIR - MACHIR, James (Birthdateunknown—1827) MACHIR, James, a Representative from Virginia; born in ...
- Peresh - Peresh Peresh , in the Bible, son of Machir the Manassite.
- Ammiel - Ammiel Ammiel , in the Bible. 1. Spy. 2. Father of Machir 2. 3. Porter of the Temple. 4. See Eliam ...
- Maachah, persons in the Bible - Maachah Maachah or Maacah, in the Bible. 1. Absalom's mother. 2. See Maoch. 3. Idolatrous wife ...
- Members of Congress: Virginia - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from Virginia