Mephibosheth (mĭfĭbˈəshĕth) [key], in the Bible. 1 Jonathan's lame. David restored Saul's lands to him, and spared him when he gave the Gibeonites seven of Saul's descendants to settle a blood debt. For the relation between the names of this man, see Baal. 2 Son of Saul.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mephibosheth from Fact Monster:
- Machir - Machir Machir , in the Bible. 1. Son of Manasseh. 2. One who helped David and Mephibosheth.
- Micah, persons in the Bible - Micah Micah , in the Bible. 1. Prophet, author of the book of Micah. 2. Levite. It is also spelled ...
- Jonathan - Jonathan Jonathan [short for Jehonathan, Heb.,=Yahweh has given]. 1. In the Bible, Saul's son ...
- Baal - Baal Baal , plural Baalim[Semitic,=master, lord], name used throughout the Bible for the chief ...
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.