Methuselah (mēthyōˈzələ) [key], in the Bible, descendant of Seth; son of Enoch. He is said to have lived 969 years. It is also spelled Mathusala.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Methuselah from Fact Monster:
- Methuselah - Biography of Methuselah, The biblical figure who lived nearly 1000 years
- Roundup of Recent Science Discoveries, 2003 - Roundup of Recent Science Discoveries, 2003 —Borgna Brunner Vital Stats of the Universe In ...
- Mathusala - Mathusala Mathusala : see Methuselah.
- Enoch - Enoch Enoch , in the Bible. 1. Son for whom Cain named the city he built. 2. Father of Methuselah. ...
- Lilith - Lilith Lilith , female demon of Jewish mythology, originally probably the Assyrian storm demon ...