Mizraim (mĭzˈrēəm, Heb. mĭtsrĪˈĭm) [key], in the Bible, son of Ham and eponym of Egypt.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mizraim from Fact Monster:
- Abel-mizraim - Abel-mizraim Abel-mizraim , in the Bible, place “beyond Jordan” where Jacob was mourned.
- Ham, in the Bible - Ham Ham, in the Bible, son of Noah. In biblical ethnography, Ham is the father of the nations Cush, ...
- Egypt - Egypt Egypt , Arab. Misr, biblical Mizraim, officially Arab Republic of Egypt, republic (2005 est. ...
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.