Obed (ōˈbĕd) [key], in the Bible. 1 David's grandfather. 2 Father of Azariah18. 3 Gatekeeper at the Temple.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Obed from Fact Monster:
- Obed-edom - Obed-edom Obed-edom , in the Bible, Levite in whose house the Ark of the Covenant was kept.
- Peulthai - Peulthai Peulthai , in the Bible, son of Obed-edom.
- Sacar - Sacar Sacar , in the Bible. 1. Father of Ahiam. An alternate form is Sharar. 2. Son of Obed-edom.
- mutation: Bibliography - Bibliography See W. Gottschalk and G. Wolff, Induced Mutations in Plant Breeding (1983); G. Obe, ...
- Carol Ann Duffy - Biography of Carol Ann Duffy, The first female poet laureate in British history