Seraiah (sĕrˌərĪˈə) [key], in the Bible. 1 See Shavsha. 2 High priest under Zedekiah. 3 Companion of Zedekiah. 4 Captain at Mizpah. 5 Father of Joab. 6 Grandfather of Jehu. 7 Leader in the return with Zerubbabel. An alternate form is Azariah. 8 Same as Azariah24. 9 Officer of Jehoiakim. 10 Sealer of the covenant.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Seraiah from Fact Monster:
- Tanhumeth - Tanhumeth Tanhumeth , in the Bible, father of the captain Seraiah.
- Azriel - Azriel Azriel . In the Bible, he is the father of Seraiah 9.
- Shavsha - Shavsha Shavsha , in the Bible, David's scribe. Alternate forms are Seraiah, Sheva, and Shisha.
- Azariah - Azariah Azariah , common name in ancient Israel, especially among the priests. The following ...
- Maaseiah - Maaseiah Maaseiah , in the Bible. 1. Musician under David. 2. Captain who aided the restoration of ...