Shallum (shălˈəm) [key], in the Bible. 1 King of Israel for a month. He killed King Zachariah for the throne and was himself killed by Menahem. 2 King of Judah: see Jehoahaz2.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Shallum from Fact Monster:
- Hanameel - Hanameel Hanameel , in the Bible, son of Jeremiah's uncle Shallum.
- Meshelemiah - Meshelemiah Meshelemiah , in the Bible, gatekeeper. Alternate forms are Shallum, Shelemiah. amd ...
- Shillem - Shillem Shillem , in the Bible, son of Naphtali. An alternate form is Shallum.
- Halohesh - Halohesh Halohesh [Heb.,=Hallohesh], in the Bible, father of Shallum, ruler in Jerusalem.
- Zachariah - Zachariah Zachariah [Heb.,=Zechariah], in the Bible, king of Israel, son and successor of Jeroboam ...