Uzza or Uzzah (ŭzˈə) [key], in the Bible. 1 Israelite who met sudden death after touching the Ark of the Covenant. 2 Benjamite. 3 Descendant of Merari. 4 One who returned with Zerubbabel.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Uzza from Fact Monster:
- Perez-uzza - Perez-uzza Perez-uzza or Perez-uzzah, in the Bible, threshing floor where Uzzah touched the Ark and ...
- Nachon - Nachon Nachon , later Perez-uzza.
- Chidon - Chidon Chidon : see Perez-uzza.
- Allah - Allah Allah , [Arab.,=the God]. Derived from an old Semitic root refering to the Divine and used in ...
- ark - ark ark, in the Bible. 1. Boat of Noah, which he built at God's command to preserve his family ...