Walker, Robert, d. 1658?, English painter, a follower of Van Dyck and favorite portraitist of Oliver Cromwell. His portraits of Cromwell and his family and followers are convincing studies of Puritan temperament. Examples are in the National Portrait Gallery, London, and the Metropolitan Museum.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Robert Walker from Fact Monster:
- Edwin Duing ESHLEMAN - ESHLEMAN, Edwin Duing (1920—1985) ESHLEMAN, Edwin Duing, a Representative from Pennsylvania; ...
- English art and architecture: The Renaissance - The Renaissance The transition from Gothic to a classic Renaissance style was slow in England. ...
- Robert Smith WALKER - WALKER, Robert Smith (1942—) WALKER, Robert Smith, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born ...
- Jennifer Jones - Biography of Jennifer Jones, The star of 1943's The Song of Bernadette
- Utah - Information on Utah — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.