William the Conqueror
William the Conqueror: see William I, king of England.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on William the Conqueror from Fact Monster:
- William I, king of England - William I William I or William the Conqueror,1027?–1087, king of England (1066–87). ...
- United Kingdom - Information on United Kingdom — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Battle - Battle Battle, town, East Sussex, SE England. The town grew up on the site (then a moorland) of the ...
- Caen - Caen Caen , city (1990 pop. 115,624), capital of Calvados dept., N France, in Normandy, on the Orne ...
- Exeter - Exeter Exeter , city (1991 pop. 88,235) and district, Devon, SW England, on the Exe River. It is ...